The Poker Man's Poker Blog

Hello, I'm a new poker player and you can follow along with me as I fine tune my ongoing poker education and post in this poker blog. I will be posting about the poker games I play, how I played them, and why I played them the way I did in this poker blog. I will also add some other interesting articles and online poker room reviews along the way!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Lost $14 on Party Poker last night

At the beginning of the night I started with $106 in my Party Poker account. I opened up PokerEdge as usual to give me a little bit of an edge over the competition and let me see their stats as I usually do when I play. A few junk hands went by then I got A9 of hearts so I called the blind at a 25NL table. Two hearts flop with Q62 and there are 3 players. First guy bet a quarter, second guy called a quarter and I raised to $2 thinking I could push them out of the small pot. The first guy folded and the second guy called. I turned my ace, but no heart and the guy bet $3 into me. I've seen this play before many times and he wanted to represent an ace, but I put him on a queen or two hearts so I went all in with the best hand. He thought for a second and called and sure enough he had his queen and wouldn't you know he also had 2 hearts. I won $19 and moved on to the next table after a few dead cards.

This new table was playing really loose, people calling everything. There were two players that played aggressive with mediocre hands. We played around for awhile, I got called on my bluffs and was down to $16 then I saw a pair of twos so I call a quarter blind and Mr. Loose raised it to $1 so I called once again. The flop was awesome, 2 A 9, so I had my set of trip twos! I put him on an ace so I bet $1 to see what he had and see how much I could milk him and he just called. I figured he was slow playing because he was playing opposites so I put him on a big hand like AK, AQ, or even AJ. He would usually bet strong mac online poker with a weak hand and bet weak with a strong hand on the flop. The turn card came an Ace so I filled up, 222AA, I bet $3 and was raised to $6. So what did I do? Because I put him on AK, AQ, or AJ, I reraised all-in! The river came a King and it scared me like crazy, but when he flipped his cards he showed A9. He slow played two pair on the flop and caught a bigger full house than me on the turn. Of course I went broke at this table.

At the end of the night I found myself down $14, but I think that I played everything well. The only thing I could have played better was my bluffs. I need to learn not to bluff as much when playing online poker at PartyPoker.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Joann Fabric