The Poker Man's Poker Blog

Hello, I'm a new poker player and you can follow along with me as I fine tune my ongoing poker education and post in this poker blog. I will be posting about the poker games I play, how I played them, and why I played them the way I did in this poker blog. I will also add some other interesting articles and online poker room reviews along the way!

Thursday, June 02, 2005

$5000 FreeRoll at Party Poker

It looks like Party Poker is having a few random $5000 freerolls today for some reason. A friend of mine was talking to me online and then suddenly asked me if I was playing in the freeroll on Party Poker. I never used to play the freerolls there because they charge you "player points." But he said that you need not have any player points for this $5000 freeroll.

I entered and played for about an hour. I had pocket 9's and went all in preflop because the other guys were short stacked and I knew I had the best hand. I made a full house and took home the cheese on that hand. Shortly after I had AKo and pushed lightly preflop then went all in when I caught an Ace heads up on the flop. I took that one down too.

Well, after accumulating 3000 chips, I made a few bad bluffs and didn't catch my good hands and before I knew it I had to go all in with 108o on a bluff and I got called by some passive player holding top two pair.

Players are Party Poker really suck. Of course I don't think that I made the right plays a few times, but that's what happens when you get bored and have piles of work to do. If you want to play against really bad players and possibly win some money, you should play at PartyPoker. If you make a deposit and become a real money player they will let you play the $5000 freerolls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Joann Fabric