The Poker Man's Poker Blog

Hello, I'm a new poker player and you can follow along with me as I fine tune my ongoing poker education and post in this poker blog. I will be posting about the poker games I play, how I played them, and why I played them the way I did in this poker blog. I will also add some other interesting articles and online poker room reviews along the way!

Friday, June 03, 2005

Another $5000 Party Poker Freeroll

There was another $5000 Freeroll on Party Poker tonight at 1:10 AM so naturally I played in it. After playing so many multi-table tournaments on Party Poker, I've noticed a trend in how most players are playing. Of course, during the first few rounds the players are all very loose and very wild, but when 4th level comes, players seem to tighten up a little bit.

$100 PartyPoker Bonus

I had a good chipstack going, and I was always above average, until I was dealt AQs. I was in an early position and because the game was tight and my hand wasn't as solid as AA or KK, I only raised from 50 to 100. To my surprise 3 players called me. The flop came A710 with 2 hearts, which is just what I had. When I see a flop like this I pretty much tell myself that I'm going to win the hand and I just get it over with by pushing. But because there were 3 callers I wanted to see who had what so I just bet out 100 again. 2 people folded right away and one guy called. The turn came a blank 5 so I bet out 500 to put him to a decision. To my surprise he raised me to 1000. I knew I had outs and figured he caught two pair, but since the pot was already laying me the odds to call that's just what I did. The river card was no help and I called another 500 which brought my stack down substantially. It was an uphill battle which I didn't win from there.

It's amazing how Party Poker can shell out this money to players. $5000 to 2500 players is $2 a player, but to do that twice a day is great news for their players! First place is $1000 and I see myself as a fairly competent player so I do have a chance.

Party Poker Balance $96.78

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Joann Fabric